Patient Notice Covid-19
Dear patients, following recent guidance from the Government and our dental advisors, we look forward to welcoming you back for face to face care from Monday 15th June 2020. Please note, we might not be able to provide all care from the start.
The health and safety of our patients and staff is our priority. In addition to our stringent cross-infection policies, strict control measures and protocols have been put in place in line with the COVID-19 crisis.
Here is an outline of what to expect when it is time for your appointment.
Before your arrival to the Practice
- We will assess your dental problem and need for treatment via telephone. We will also assess your health requirements and risk of COVID-19 exposure, and again on the day of your appointment.
- Please have ready a face covering or mask to wear upon entry to the dental practice.
- Please visit the toilet before leaving your home as we are allowing minimal use of toilet facilities at the dental practice.
- Thoroughly brush your teeth and wash your hands before leaving your home.
- Please arrive at your appointment time and not before as we are not operating a waiting room. Call us from your mobile phone when you have arrived. The front door will be locked. You may be asked to wait outside or in your car if it is nearby, and we will call you when we are ready.
- Please attend alone if possible and bring minimal belongings with you.
Upon entry to the Practice
- All the dental team will be wearing additional personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Please wear your face covering or mask before you enter.
- Please allow us to take your temperature with a non-contact forehead thermometer. You will be asked to return home if you have a raised temperature. Another appointment will be arranged for you.
- Place any bags or coats in the container provided.
- We will provide hand sanitizer for you.
In the treatment room
- Please retain your face covering whilst in conversation with the dental team. We will complete your medical history questionnaire.
- You will be offered a peroxyl mouthwash to use before treatment. This has been shown to be effective at reducing microbes in the mouth.
- We will complete your oral assessment and treatment if necessary. For some treatments, this may involve the use of a rubber dam, a thin rubber sheet which covers the mouth and isolates the tooth from the oral environment. Rubber dam can act as a barrier to prevent the microbes that are present in the mouth, from becoming part of the aerosol generated during some dental procedures.
- You will be asked to place your face covering or mask back on before you leave the treatment room.
- Please make any payments via debit or credit card at the reception desk. We are not accepting cash or cheques currently. Please note there is a perspex screen in place at the reception desk.
- You will be given your belongings to take from the container.
- We will provide hand sanitizer to you before you leave the premises
- Further appointments can be made via the telephone after you have left the premises.
Please note, there is an additional fee for each appointment during the COVID-19 pandemic until further notice, for additional PPE (personal protective equipment) and the extra time now required for each appointment. This will be discussed with you at the time of booking.
We will endeavour to make your visit as comfortable as possible. Please be assured your safety is paramount. May we take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support and understanding.